It’s pumpkin season, and everything you see is the flavor of pumpkin! It’s definitely a widely-known favorite, and to get in on the celebration, we are sharing a special pumpkin dessert! Maggie, registered dietician and recipe developer, is the queen of all things pumpkin! Let’s dive into her seasonally sweet recipe!
Sweetened naturally and free of gluten and dairy, Pumpkin Chickpea Blondies are tasty and easy to make!
(Prep Time: 5 minutes):
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup all unsweetened, creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil for coating the pan
- 1/3 cup dairy-free or regular milk or dark chocolate chips, plus 2 tbsp. for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top, once baked
Yield: 9 bars (12 if you cut them in smaller pieces!)
- 8x8 inch baking pan
- food processor
(Bake Time: 27 minutes):
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray an 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, add all ingredients, except chocolate chips, and process until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan, then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 27 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let cool in the pan, sprinkle with sea salt, and cut into squares.
- Store covered in the fridge for 3-4 days.