'Tis the season for baking! Or in this case, no baking! We want treats but without feeling guilty about it. Introducing Peppermint Energy Bites--all the holiday flavor and none of the added sugar.
Peppermint Energy Bites
Prep Time - 10 Min | Total Time - 10 Min
- ½ cup cup raw almonds
- ⅓ cup pitted medjool dates (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon mini dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup crushed peppermint
- Put almonds in a food processor and chop.
- Add the dates and blend well.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and coconut oil. Blend for several minutes until starting to combine. Add a couple drops of water if necessary to help it move.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse a few final times to combine well. Careful not to pulverize the chocolate.
- Take a heaping teaspoon of the mixture in your hand and roll into a ball. The coconut oil will soften with the warmth of your hand and will help it stick together. (Don't worry if it's messy, you're still doing it right! ) While it's warm press into the peppermint.
- Allow the finished bites to set in the fridge for 30 minutes to re-solidify the coconut oil.
Post a pic! We love seeing how your recipes turn out! Don't forget #loveellie.