Summer days are coming to a close, so we wanted to give you a light, fresh recipe to enjoy before the chill sets in. Meghan Swidler, holistic nutrition health coach, shares her go-to beet salad with us because, as she says, there’s “nothing better than simple, plant-based whole foods.”
- 3-5 medium organic red beets
- 1-2 tbsp cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 organic avocado, cut into 1-inch cube pieces
- A large handful of organic sunflower sprouts
- Maldon sea salt flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash the beets under cold water and cut off the top and bottom.
- Lay out beets as is (without taking off the skin) on a silicone baking sheet, and pop them in the oven. Roast for about an hour, or until beets are tender when poked with a fork or knife, and remove them from the oven (you can check on them periodically to see when they are ready).
- Once the beets cool completely on the baking sheet, rub the beets. The skins should just slide off!
- Cut beets into pieces, and add them to a mixing bowl with pieces of avocado and sunflower sprouts.
- Toss with a cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice from half a lemon, and Maldon sea salt flakes. Enjoy!
This summer beet salad recipe was contributed to Ellie by Meghan Swidler, holistic nutrition health coach. Interested in 1:1 holistic health coaching with Meghan? Website: www.meghanswidler.com Instagram: @thatplantbasedgal