Let the festivities continue! We are in the thick of prepping for the holidays, and in a season of potlucks and dinner parties, we have a special dish you can make that will have your hosts feeling glad they invited you! A mouth-watering take on a good-for-you veggie, we’re firing up a skillet and pan-roasting a Brussels sprout dish infused with flavors and seasonings that’ll make your tastebuds dance (is tastebud Zumba a thing?)!
- 1 pack of thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 tablespoonsextra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1/4 cupred wine vinegar
- 7-ounce block Dubliner cheese, cubed
1. Chop the bacon before placing in the skillet. Heat a skillet (large enough to fit all of your bacon and Brussels sprouts) over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the skillet and drain on a paper towel-lined plate. Set the pan aside to cool with the bacon grease for about 3 minutes, or until it solidifies
2. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet with the grease overmedium-high heat. When the oil simmers, add the halved Brussels sprouts, face down and cook until charred around the edges. Stir and add pepper (to taste). Continue cooking until the Brussels sprouts are soft, or to your liking. Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the crushed red pepper flakes, dates, red wine vinegar, and cheese. Mix well until cheese is melted, and then remove from the heat. Serve!
This recipe was created exclusively for Ellie by Iris Rodriguez.