Yes, we’re really telling you to smoke out.
Well kind of.
It’s about keeping your thoughts and state of mind in check. The truth is, being healthy is just as much about mentality as it is about physicality and what you put in your body. If you aren’t being fortified by your own mind(and it’s common not to be!), your everyday actions can be affected.
There’s a type of introspection calledBlack & White Breathing Meditationthat represents breathinginwhite light andoutblack smoke. Simplified, you are breathing in all that is healthy and good, then breathing out all that is negative and detrimental.
Want to give it a try? Take a few minutes to yourself in a secluded spot and do the following…
- Sit on a floor cushion or in a chair.
- If you’re in a chair, place both feet flat on the floor. If you’re on the floor, position yourself cross-legged. (Strive for a half or full lotus posture for you yogis out there.)
- Sit up naturally straight. Not too stiff to where it feels uncomfortable.
- Place one hand inside of the other in your lap with palms facing up. Allow both thumbs to touch lightly.
- Close your eyes.
- Breathe in a long deep breath through your nose - so deep that you can picture a white light filling you and pulling you up by the crown of your head. This light represents positive energy. Hold the breath for a few seconds.
- As you exhale through your nose, notice your shoulders relaxing. Picture black smoke being released from your body. This smoke represents negative energy.
Repeat the above until you feel satiated with healing white light.
What is the “white light” to you? For many this is positivity from the universe and includes compassion, kindness, patience, happiness, and health. It can even include creativity and wisdom.
What kind of “black smoke” do you hold on to? To be free of such darkness often includes releasing negativity, sadness, anxiety, anger, illness, mental blockages, insecurity, and jealousy.
How would it feel to replace such wasteful energy with a beautiful healing light?
Let us know when you find out.