The fall season is in full swing, and so are our palates (well, and plates)! With cozy days inside — away from the crisp air outside — we have our minds on ways to satisfy our post-workout, comfort-food cravings. A quintessential classic with a warm pumpkin flavoring and delicious infusion of sage butter sauce, the plated dish will leave you wanting more! We think you’re going to keep this pumpkin-cheese gnocchi recipe in high rotation throughout the colder months.
- 1 8 oz. can of pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2 cups plain, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 egg
SAGE BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 stick of salted butter
- 1 handful of fresh sage leaves
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Black pepper
- Measure out 8 oz. of canned pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin and remaining gnocchi ingredients in a bowl. Use your hands to mix well - it should be a soft dough.
- Dust a work surface with flour, tip dough out, sprinkle with flour, and then pat into a log shape. *If too watery or sticky, add more flour.
- Roll into 1” x 9” ropes, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- COOKING: Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Place squares into the water and cook until they float to the surface. Remove from water with a slotted spoon for drainage.
- Meanwhile, melt ½ a stick of butter in a large skillet over low heat, add the sage leaves, and bring to a simmer. Stir in gnocchi and cook until golden brown, sage is crisp, and butter is slightly browned.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parmesan and pepper.
This recipe was created exclusively for Ellie by Iris Rodriguez.