There’s a reason people count down to pumpkin season. Pumpkin lattes, scones, cookies, muffins, and even soup. They’re all decadent. And most are worth the hype.
But pumpkin by itself isn’t unhealthy. It’s actually a great antioxidant—rich in vitamins A, C, E, iron and folate. If you’re conscious about the ingredients you add to it, you can blend up a perfectly delicious (and guilt-free!) pumpkin recipe at home.
Right now, we’re loving this PUMPKIN SPICE SMOOTHIE.
- ½ cup pure canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ½ cup low-fat soymilk or reduced-fat milk
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 gram sugar substitute (3 packets) – or sweetener of preference
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Dissolve your sweetener of choice into 1 tablespoon of hot water.
- Add the hot water and the rest of the ingredients to the blender, except the ice cubes.
- Give the ingredients a good few seconds of blending.
- Add the ice. Blend until ice is completely crushed.
- Serve immediately.